Back in the air after weeks with no flying. What a great day's flying at the Malverns in near perfect conditions.
YTC take individuals and groups training throughout the UK and Europe. So whether it’s a team building day for a company, management and leadership training or just some fun for a group of friends, we can help.
Main Yomp Activities
- Hill Walking and Trekking
- Summer and Winter Mountaineering
- Rock Climbing and Scrambling
- Mountain Biking
- Assault Courses
- Wild camping
- Boot Camps and Survival
- Command Tasks
- Initiative Training
Rock Climbing and AbseilingYTC run a wide range of rock climbing and abseiling activities. From climbing at your local indoor climbing wall to taking you to classic mountain crags in North Wales or stunning sea cliffs at Swanage or Cornwall. We run the following courses:
1. Introduction to Climbing – 1 Day (Swanage / Dartmoor / Wales / Avon)Learn to climb with confidence on a top rope, learn basic rope work, crag etiquette and finish the day with an abseil. . £100.00 per person (x2 Climbers minimum Group) up to four climbers, all equipment is included.
2. Safer Climbing – 1 Day (Swanage / Dartmoor / Wales / Avon)Learn to set up climbing and abseiling stances safely, look after novice climbers and work with small groups indoors or out. £150.00 per person (x2 Climbers minimum Group) up to four climbers, all equipment is included.
3. Rock Leader – 1 Day (Swanage in Dorset)Learn to lead climb and second, select and place gear and set up quick and safe abseil stances. Finally, have an introduction to multi pitch climbing. £175.00 per person (x2 Climbers minimum Group) all equipment is included.
Summer Hill Walking and TrekkingIf it’s the hills and moors you long for but feel like you don’t have the skills or experience to tackle them alone, drop us a line. We can offer advice, run workshops on navigation and hill safety or act as a guide.
Winter SkillsEnjoying the hills and mountains in summer is one thing but why put your outdoor gear away at the end of the season when there is a whole new world of winter activity waiting for you. Once you’ve experienced the mountains in winter conditions you will be hooked for life. That sounds great, but it’s understandable that most people have some reservations about climbing and walking in mountainous areas in winter. YTC can help and support you by providing advice, instruction and guiding throughout the UK and Europe.
ExpeditionsMini and full expeditions are run throughout the year. If there is something specific you or your team want to do then we can assist with planning and organisation or guiding and leading the exped.
If it’s equipment you need then take a look at the Expedition Equipment Hire page, for ice axes, crampons, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, walking poles and tents.
If it’s clothing you’re after, take a look at the Adventurous Equipment page, for a range of high quality, light weight clothing.
If you want to get in shape physically then look at our Fitness & Conditioning options or Yomp Training day on the Southdown’s or Dartmoor to kick start your preparation.
Mini Expeditions within the UK – 1/2/3 Days
South Downs Way – Southern England
Three Peaks Challenge – UK
Tryfan and Glyders – North Wales
Brecon Horseshoe – South Wales
Snowdon Horseshoe – North Wales
Boot Camps and Survival Training – Dartmoor
Mini/full Expeditions in Europe – 4/10 DaysPuy de Saucy - Central France (Massif Central) - Climb, walk or ski in the forgotten mountains of the Massif Central in the centre of France.
Mont Blanc - French Alps - Train and acclimatise above Chamonix before standing on top of the highest mountain in Western Europe.
Monte Rosa – Italian Alps - Stunning scenery and long mountain days spent trekking, walking and climbing.
Well, thats just about it for my winter climbing this year. Mind you, what a season Ive had. Recces in India and Dubai, filming in North Wales, Marmot...